ODI Dubai Team
- Member of the UN eGovernment Expert Group
- Managing Partner, Exantium – Innovation for Smart Government
- Co-Founder & Editor-In-Chief of 01 Government – The First And Only Arabic Portal For Innovation And Technology In The Public Sector
- The first Arabic speaking Open Data Registered Trainer from The Open Data Institute – UK.
- Current focus domains: Smart Cities & Government, Open Data, Social Media & Citizen Engagement, Innovation and related topics.
With over 10 years experience, Mr. Elbadawi’s main passion is to work with government and society leaders to build smart governments and cities and maximize their value delivered to the public.
Mr. Elbadawi worked for several years as strategy advisor for Dubai Smart Government and the federal eGovernment program of UAE. Some of his key contributions include contributing to the launch of the UAE Open Data Initiative in 2011 and leading task-forces to design a wide range of nation level e-Government strategies, policies and frameworks.
In 2013, Mr. Elbadawi founded Exantium – a Dubai based innovation consulting company and the regional partner for The Open Data Institute in London. Ibrahim is the first Open Data Registered Trainer from the region.
In addition to these consulting and research activities, he is also the Co-Founder and Editor in Chief for (01 Government) – the first and only Arabic portal dedicated to the technology of the public sector.
In the past few months, Ibrahim has been involved as a consultant and trainer in country-wide e-Government initiatives and working with high profile public sector organizations in the region including The eGovernment Program in Saudi Arabia (Yesser) and the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology in Qatar (ictQATAR).
One of his most recent activities includes working as a mentor for the Global Smart City App Hack.
In 2009, Ibrahim was awarded a scholarship from the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for a Master’s degree in Public Administration (MPA) from Dubai School of Government (DSG) where he graduated with the Top Student Award. He also holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Vice Chair, Global Agenda Council on the Future of Government, World Economic ForumLead
- Partner, Exantium – Innovation for Smart Government
- Partner, 01 Government – The Only Arabic Portal for Government Technology
- Faculty | First Arabic MOOC on Innovations in Government | Register for free on Edraak www.edraak.org
- Visiting Fellow, Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Adjunct Professor, Hult International Business School, UAE/USA
- Senior Advisor, The Harvard International Negotiations Program, Harvard University, USA
- Fellow, Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government, UAE
- Young Global Leader, World Economic Forum (2009 – 2015)
- Author. *Forthcoming* book “The Sheikh CEO: Leadership Lessons from Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum” www.thesheikhceo.com
Yasar is a leading Public Policy, Digital Government and Public Communications advisor in the Middle East.
He is a Partner in International Advisory Group (www.iag.sg) which is a leading regional firm focusing on leadership and capacity building the public sector.
He is also an Advisor at Bain & Company, and previously worked for three year as a Partner at Bain & Company and headed the Middle East Public Sector and Social Impact Practice. Before that, he was a Partner in PwC and led the Global Education Group, Middle East Strategy Group, and established the ME Public Sector Institute.
Some of the institutions Yasar advised include: UAE Prime Minister Office, Saudi Ministry of Labor, Oman Supreme Council for Planning, Dubai Executive Council, Qatar Foundation, Saudi General Investment Authority, Abu Dhabi Economic Development Department, UAE Ministry of Presidential Affairs, Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities, Omran, Saudi Commission for Audiovisual Media, Ajman Executive Council, King Faisal Foundation, Dubai Customs, Dubai Knowledge & Human Development Authority, Arabian Gulf University, Hamad bin Khalifa University (Qatar), and the Dubai Land Department.
Prior to joining PwC in 2008, Yasar was the Executive Dean of the Dubai School of Government and a Research Fellow at the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. He also served as the Strategy Advisor at The Executive Office of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum in Dubai for over 3 years and a as Senior Advisor at the Prime Minister’s Office (UAE Federal Government).
Prior to that, Yasar established and led the Government Performance Directorate in the Prime Ministry of Jordan, and led the development of the Jordan National Agenda. Previously Yasar was the Head of Policy and Strategy in the Executive Council of the Dubai Government since 2001.
In 2009, Yasar was distinguished as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and founded the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers Hub in Dubai. He is also a member of the WEF’s Global Agenda Council on the Future of Government since 2009.
Prior to that, Yasar worked in the UK as a Research Fellow in Cranfield School of Management and Bradford School of Management, and advised leading international organizations including DHL UK, Bank of Scotland, Shell, Emirates Airlines, Saudi Aramco, and Arla Foods.
Yasar published extensively in various academic and trade journals, and his insights have been quoted in global and regional media. Yasar is a frequent speaker at local and global conferences, and engaged in teaching executive education program for both public and private sector executives.