- Member of the UN eGovernment Expert Group
- Managing Partner, Exantium – Innovation for Smart Government
- Co-Founder & Editor-In-Chief of 01 Government – The First And Only Arabic Portal For Innovation And Technology In The Public Sector
- The first Arabic speaking Open Data Registered Trainer from The Open Data Institute – UK.
- Current focus domains: Smart Cities & Government, Open Data, Social Media & Citizen Engagement, Innovation and related topics.
With over 10 years experience, Mr. Elbadawi’s main passion is to work with government and society leaders to build smart governments and cities and maximize their value delivered to the public.
Mr. Elbadawi worked for several years as strategy advisor for Dubai Smart Government and the federal eGovernment program of UAE. Some of his key contributions include contributing to the launch of the UAE Open Data Initiative in 2011 and leading task-forces to design a wide range of nation level e-Government strategies, policies and frameworks.
In 2013, Mr. Elbadawi founded Exantium – a Dubai based innovation consulting company and the regional partner for The Open Data Institute in London. Ibrahim is the first Open Data Registered Trainer from the region.
In addition to these consulting and research activities, he is also the Co-Founder and Editor in Chief for (01 Government) – the first and only Arabic portal dedicated to the technology of the public sector.
In the past few months, Ibrahim has been involved as a consultant and trainer in country-wide e-Government initiatives and working with high profile public sector organizations in the region including The eGovernment Program in Saudi Arabia (Yesser) and the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology in Qatar (ictQATAR).
One of his most recent activities includes working as a mentor for the Global Smart City App Hack.
In 2009, Ibrahim was awarded a scholarship from the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for a Master’s degree in Public Administration (MPA) from Dubai School of Government (DSG) where he graduated with the Top Student Award. He also holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Information Systems.